How Do You Turn a House into a Forest?
How it Works
- You donate your house, house lot, condominium, vacation home, commercial property, apartment building, or undeveloped land.
- If the land is already subject to a conservation easement it may become a reservation of the Forest Society or be resold still subject to the conservation easement.
- The Forest Society sells the property at market value.
- Proceeds from the sale of the property fund conservation activities that you care about.
- You may enjoy substantial tax benefits.
- Potential charitable income tax deduction
- Potential alleviation of capital gains taxes on the sale of property
- Potential reduction of the taxpayer’s assets for inheritance taxes
- Elimination of carrying costs such as property taxes, insurance premiums, utilities, and maintenance expenses
- Elimination of broker’s fees on the sale of the property
Call or write Anne Truslow, vice president for development, or Brian Hotz, vice president for land conservation, at 603-224-9945 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Anne or Brian will answer your questions and, if desired, arrange for a staff member to visit your property.