While a number of Forest Society reservations include small parking areas, information kiosks, and marked trail systems, many do not. Unlike many public parks, our conserved lands seldom have restroom facilities or other amenities. You are welcome to explore any of our reservations, but please plan accordingly and make sure you are capable of navigating back to your starting point.
- We ask that you leave no trace when you visit (carry out all trash).
- Where dogs are permitted, they must be under owner control at all times and dog waste should be carried out.
- No camping or fires are permitted.
- Wheeled vehicles (including dirt bikes, ATVs and trucks) are prohibited – too often their unregulated use damages the forest, roads, and trails.
- Hunting and fishing are encouraged, in accordance with New Hampshire state law.
- Equestrian use is allowed by special use permit only.
- On gated properties, please DO NOT BLOCK THE GATE.
- NOTE: The Forest Society does not plow or guarantee access to its properties or parking areas during the winter.
Please respect the guidelines for each forest reservation. You'll find more detailed information about these extraordinary places by clicking on the links below.
We are grateful to the many volunteers who hiked these reservations and drafted many of the trail descriptions and insider insights provided.
Great North Woods